Find the MAC Address of Your Computer
To find the physical address of your campus computer, also know as the MAC address hardware address, follow the steps below.
- Click Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> Command Prompt This should open a new window with a black background and white text.
- The this new window type ipconfig /all [ENTER]. (ipconfig[SPACE][FORWARDSLASH]all[ENTER])
- You should see something similar to the image below. You may have to scroll up in the new window to see the necessary information. You need to look for the five items recording two to send to ITS.
- Red: Find the phrase "Ethernet adapter"
- Blue: Find the phrase "Physical Address"
- Green: Find the 12-digit alpha-numeric code. Please be careful to document each digit correctly. This is the bit of information that needs to be sent to ITS.
- Orange: Find the phrase "IPv4 Address" or "IP Address".
- Yellow: Lastly, find the numeric code. Please be careful to document each digit correctly. This is the second bit of information that needs to be sent to ITS.