Here's how to change your Gmail password:
Make sure you create a unique password to help keep someone from breaking in to your account.Here are a few tips for creating your password, and keeping it safe:
- Click the gear icon in the upper right, then select Settings.If you're on a mobile device, switch to desktop view for the full list of settings.
- Open the Accounts tab.
- In the 'Change account settings' section, click Google Account Settings
- On the left side click "Security".
- Look for Password Management and click Change Password
- In the new window, enter your current password and your new password in the New Password and Confirm New Password boxes; click Save..
- Your password should be easy for you to remember without being obvious for someone else to guess.
- Don't choose a dictionary word as your password.
- Include a variety of characters, such as punctuation marks, numbers, and mix capital and lowercase letters.
- Never tell anyone your password.
- Never write down your password. Even if you don't think that somebody would know that it was your Gmail password if they saw it, think of a way to remember it so that you don't have to write it down.
- Periodically change your password.
If your password isn't working, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.